If there is one thing I've learned in the two weeks I've been teaching First Grade, it's that I should keep everything simple all. the. time. There are so many amazing ideas out there in teacher blog world, but I can't incorporate most of them right now because first I need to figure out what the bare bones of my classroom must haves will be.
1) I really want more words on my walls.
2) I want all procedures to have written directions.
3) I want the day to flow obviously. In that I want the kids to know what to expect next because it ALWAYS happens every day.
4) I want the books to be more organized.
5) I want my lesson plans to be completed for the entire week every Sunday night including all copies that must be made.
That's it. I want to start there. A wise Kindergarten teacher told me to pick one thing at a time to work on. I am going to do these five only because they all fall under, keeping it simple. Feel free to share your simple ideas. I know there are a lot of cool ones, just make sure they are simple!!